This Recipe Is: Free of gluten, dairy, soy, eggs and nuts. It is also paleo friendly.
Quick little life update – I’m so excited because next week Trevor and I are going to California to be with his family. I have never been so I am so pumped. I’m such a weirdo, because the thing I’m most excited to do is eat. Am I the only one that thinks that’s the best part of traveling? Eating new food. Especially California because I know there’s so many hippy dippy allergy friendly places! Well if eating is your favorite thing, be sure to be following my Instagram: @eatordrink I’ll be keeping my story updated with all of the fun foods and adventures.
Now on to this atomic bomb of a food. Ok that’s a bit negative of a description. I don’t know, I say bomb a lot. Is atomic bomb too far? Well this dip is bomb in the best way possible. Like imagine someone loving you so much that they make this for you and say it’s a flavor bomb and you take a bite and it literally explodes your taste buds into awesome tasty goodness. That’s this. And honestly, as amazing as the flavors are, it’s so easy to put together!
Ok so if you have been following me thus far, you know I have a picky husband who does not have food allergies. He’s definitely a meat and potatoes type of guy. He doesn’t like any “weird” health food. Lately he keeps getting in these random kicks where he wants to make himself chicken wing dip. And when I say he wants to make it, I mean he goes to the store, buys the ingredients, then come homes frantic like he’s had to battle people off just to find and buy the items on his list and then he begs for me to help him make it. As you can tell my husband is not the cook in our family. 🙂 Well anyways, his chicken wing dip has been looking so good but is obviously so loaded with dairy. I finally decided to make my own. When I told him I was making my own chicken wing dip he seriously complained the whole time. Saying that it wouldn’t taste as good without dairy and that he was just going to go get ingredients for his own blah blah blah. So I was like BOY! I’LL PROVE YOU WRONG! And of course I did 🙂 His response when trying it was… “wow you actually made an allergy free version really good”. Umm, Trevor, isn’t that what I do all the time?? My man isn’t one for wording things well I guess, because he totally meant it as a compliment. I guess moral of this story – that somehow ended up getting rather lengthy – is that this chicken wing dip is bomb, whether or not you have allergies!
If you’re looking at the ingredients you’re probably a little confused by one of the ingredients. I’m going to guess you’re confused by the potato. In the potatoes defense, it adds an awesome thick and creamy texture to the chicken wing dip! Yes the potato will really hook you up here.
Oh and by the way — you can make this chicken wing dip into a meal by mixing it with some pasta!
Chicken Wing DipPrint This
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup Frank’s Redhot
- 1 potato
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise of choice
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 3 green onions
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Boil chicken until cooked. Be sure to not over cook since you will also be baking. Also peel and boil your potato.
- Chop your green onions into small pieces.
- Whisk together your hot sauce, mayonnaise and nutritional yeast.
- In your stand mixer with paddle attachment, mix up your potato on medium until it is pureed. Remove potato and set aside.
- Add your chicken breasts into your stand mixer with paddle attachment. Yes into your stand mixer! This is a very easy way to shred chicken. Turn your stand mixer onto medium and leave on into chicken is shredded.
- Add your sauce, onions and potato into the stand mixer and mix until combined. Start on low to avoid splatter than slowly turn up to medium.
- Spread your chicken mixture into a 9″ square baking dish.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until you can see sauce bubbling.
- Enjoy with chips or make it a meal by mixing it with pasta!