These Vegan Egg Bites are obviously egg free but they really taste like baked egg cups. These are the perfect on-the-go breakfast that you can make ahead for busy mornings. These Vegan Egg Bites are also gluten free, dairy free, soy free, grain-free, and nut-free.
I’m sure you’ve seen egg bites also called egg muffins all over Pinterest. They’re a popular breakfast for people who like to meal prep. I make egg bites for my husband so he can easily grab them before work. Since I’m allergic to egg I decided to make my own vegan version. They came out INCREDIBLE. They’re the perfect vegan meal prep breakfast.
Garbanzo Bean Flour for Vegan Breakfast Bites
Garbanzo bean flour is amazing. It really creates a delicious firm and slightly chewy texture similar to egg. I have multiple recipes on Eat or Drink that use garbanzo bean flour in this way.
Anthony’s Organic has an amazing price on their Garbanzo Bean Flour. You can find it on Amazon here through my Amazon affiliate link.
These Eggless Egg Bites need mix-ins. Without them, they would be a little dry and bland. In this recipe, I used bell peppers, scallions, and yellow onion. I’ve also made these with other veggies. Below are some ideas of delicious mix-ins.
Ham or Sausage (if you’re not vegan)
Vegan Meat Crumbles
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to scroll down to the comments section. Rate this recipe ☆☆☆☆☆ and let me know your questions, thoughts, and opinions. I love hearing from you!
If you think your friends would love this recipe too, don’t forget to hit the share buttons below.
Vegan Egg Bites (Egg Free)
- Lightly grease a muffin pan. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Dice your bell pepper, onion, and scallion into small pieces. In a small pan heat up your oil and saute your onion and scallion until fragrant.
- Add all of your ingredients into a mixing bowl including the oil that you sauteed the onions in. Whisk very well until completely combined.
- Spoon your mixture into your muffin pan filling most of the way up. Bake in the oven for about 15 – 20 minutes or until firm to touch.
Let cool slightly after baking then flip your muffin pan and tap until bites come out.
- You can keep them in the fridge and microwave throughout the week.