This Vegan Creme Brulee Oatmeal is also gluten free, dairy free, egg free and soy free.
If you are planning on having breakfast in bed with your Hubby on Valentine’s day, this is the perfect thing to make! You don’t just want a basic breakfast for your Valentine’s day. You want something that’s been amped-up a little bit. The vegan creme brulee on this oatmeal really takes this Valentine’s day breakfast to a whole nother level! The strawberries add a nice reddish pink color, making this oatmeal not only tasty, but so pretty.
I was inspired to make this vegan creme brulee oatmeal because a restaurant we use to go to had it on their menu. It was so delicious but definitely filled with dairy and eggs. Back then my allergies were not quite as bad, but these days my mouth would probably get itchy from one bite. So as usual, I set out to make an allergy free creme brulee oatmeal. No eggs or dairy in this creme brulee!
It’s really rather easy to make. You can make the dairy free cream for the creme brulee ahead of time and store it in your fridge. You can also slice your strawberries ahead of time and store those in the fridge. Then come Valentine’s day just make your oatmeal, layer on the strawberries, top with some creme brulee cream, top on the sugar and broil! Then run right back to bed and cozy up with your sweetie 🙂
Vegan Creme Brulee Oatmeal
For Creme Brulee
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 cup dairy free creamer
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar - to go on top
- 2 servings oatmeal - you can use either quick cook or rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons dairy free creamer
- 6 strawberries
- Soak cashews overnight then drain and rinse.
- Turn your broiler on and let it get hot while you prepare the oatmeal. If you do have a culinary torch (and know how to use it) you can skip this step and use that for the creme brulee.
- Blend cashews, creamer, vanilla and honey in a high powdered blender on high. Blend for about 5 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- Cook oatmeal according to package instructions.
- Mix honey, salt and creamer into cooked oatmeal. Adding more or less cream and honey depending on your preference for creamy and sweet.
- Spoon your oatmeal into two heat safe bowls. Layer on slices of strawberries. Then pour half of the cashew mixture in each bowl. Spreading it evenly over the top of the oatmeal and strawberries. Spoon about a tablespoon of sugar on top of each bowl.
- Place on the highest oven rack under your broiler. Leave the oven open so you can keep an eye on them. Depending on your broiler, you may need to rotate the bowls to prevent one spot from burning. They are done when all parts of the sugar are medium brown.
- Remove from your oven, let cool slightly and enjoy!
- Dairy Free Creamer: Trader Joe's Coconut Creamer