This Cinnamon Raisin Breakfast Quinoa comes together easily and quickly in a rice cooker. Breakfast quinoa with coconut milk, cinnamon, coconut sugar, and raisins is a clean and healthy way to start your day. This recipe is naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free, peanut-free, and vegan-friendly.
I always enjoy getting up an hour or two before my little toddler, Ivy. It gives me time alone to prepare my day. Getting breakfast started is one of the first things I like to do. I don’t want to be standing over the stove all morning. So I love making some sort of hot cereal in the rice cooker. It’s so easy and I can walk away while it cooks. Then I can let it sit on the “warm” setting until Ivy wakes up.
Rice Cooker Quinoa Makes my Mornings So Easy
Today I’m sharing a new favorite recipe of mine, Cinnamon Raisin Breakfast Quinoa with Coconut Milk. This Rice Cooker Quinoa is the perfect easy breakfast to make your mornings run a little smoother. I usually start it first thing in the morning then head into my living room to spend some time in prayer and reading God’s Word. I only have to pop into the kitchen once or twice to stir it, then I let it sit covered on the “warm” setting while I go about the rest of my morning. By the time Ivy’s ready to get up I’ll have warm Breakfast Quinoa ready to eat.
What Type of Rice Cooker Should You Use for this Breakfast Quinoa?
Really any rice cooker will do the trick. You’ll see in the recipe card down below there are some minor tweaks you might have to make depending on what rice cooker you use. But regardless, this recipe is pretty fool-proof.
I have a 3-cup Black + Decker Rice Cooker from Amazon and really enjoy it. If you want to check it out click here.
When I make my breakfast quinoa in my 3-cup Black + Decker, I just make sure to leave the lid tilted open so the milk doesn’t bubble out. If you use a larger rice cooker with a lid that seals like the Aroma, you won’t have to worry about that.
Please note, I am part of the Amazon affiliate program. That just means at no extra cost to you I earn a (very) small commission when you use my links to purchase items off of Amazon. I always appreciate when you use my links but I also always urge you to shop around and fine the best price.
Are You New to Eat or Drink?
Before I continue with this Cinnamon Raisin Breakfast Quinoa with Coconut Milk Recipe, let me just say a quick welcome to anyone who’s new to Eat or Drink. I’m Emily, and this is my food and lifestyle blog. You’ll find recipes for special diets and allergies, tips for tight budgets, friendly inspiration from a fellow Christian mom and wife, and so much more.
If you are brand new to Eat or Drink be sure to sign up for the newsletter so you never miss a thing.
Want a place to share your own recipes and find recipes from others? Join my Facebook Community Page Here!
Cinnamon Raisin Breakfast Quinoa with Coconut Milk (Made in a Rice Cooker)
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 can coconut milk – reduced fat or full fat is fine
- 1/3 cup water – if you prefer a looser creamier texture you can go up to a 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar – optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to your rice cooker.
- Mix well to combine.
- Switch your rice cooker to the cook setting. My rice cooker only has a "cook" or "keep warm" option. If yours has more options cook it on the white rice setting or simply set it on time cook for 20 minutes. NOTE: I have a small rice cooker with a removeable glass lid. I keep my lid slightly tilted open so that the liquid doesn't bubble over. If you have a larger rice cooker with a lid that seals shut this shouldn't be a problem.
- Carefully remove the lid and stir your breakfast quinoa 2 times during cooking. This ensures it won't get burnt on the bottom.
- After about 20 minutes check on your breakfast quinoa. If the quinoa looks fluffy switch your rice cooker to the warm setting. Even if it looks like there's a lot of liquid left, that's ok as long as the quinoa has become fluffy. Let it sit on the warm setting for about 15 minutes and it will absorb more liquid.
- After it has sat on the warm setting stir and enjoy.
Don’t Miss My Most Recent Blog Posts
If you’re new to Eat or Drink, WELCOME! Below you’ll find my 5 most recent blog posts.